You Don't Have to be Alone in Addiction
The “You Don’t Have to be Alone” campaign encourages people to seek help for substance use disorders and reminds them that help is available from family, friends, faith based services, and in familiar faces they pass every day, as well as through New York State’s many addiction services. The campaign features real New Yorkers who are in recovery.
- You Don't Have to be Alone Ad 8.5x11
- You Don't Have to be Alone Ad 8.5x11 (Spanish)
- You Don't Have to be Alone - Circle - Ad 8.5x11
- You Don't Have to be Alone - Methadone - Ad 8.5.11
- You Don't Have To Be Alone (Woman in Recovery)
- You Don't Have To Be Alone (Man in Recovery)
- You Don't Have To Be Alone (Man in Recovery) - Spanish
Kitchen Table Toolkit
The Kitchen Table Toolkit was developed to assist parents, teachers, counselors and the community with guidance on how to initiate conversations about heroin and opioid abuse. The information in the toolkit may also be applicable for alcohol and other drugs. Videos and guidance documents were developed to assist with a community forum or a personal conversation.
- #Over 900 Print Ad (English)
- #Over 900 Print Ad (English/Spanish)
- #CombatAddiction Print Ad 1 (English)
- #CombatAddiction Print Ad 2 (English)
- Combat Heroin Poster
- Facts on Heroin and Prescription Opioids (English) (1067)
- Important Information for Parent (English) (1037)
- Fact Sheet for Student (English) (1072)
- Medicine Cabinet Safety (English) (1004)
- Medicine Cabinet Inventory (English) (1022)
- Prescription Safety (English) (1047)
- Important Information About Controlled Substance Prescription Medications (English) (12022)
- CombatHeroin Billboard
- The Conversation (English)
- The Conversation (Spanish)
- No Address (English)
- No Address (Spanish)
- New Season (English)
- Faces of Addiction/Faces of Hope (English)
- Faces of Addiction/Faces of Hope (Spanish)
- Don't let addiction sideline your dreams
- Cortney - It can happen to anyone
- Linda - Don't think it can't happen to you
- Susan - He was good looking, he was smart, he didn't want to be a drug addict
- Tatiana - My addiction took me to very dark places
"Nueva Esperanza Nueva Vida" Informational Series (Spanish)
- Episode 1 (Aired December 16, 2017)
- Learn how prevention, treatment and recovery are possible.
- Episode 2 (Aired December 23, 2017)
- See how stigma is affecting the Latino community and how to combat it.
- Episode 3 (Aired December 30, 2017)
- See how OASAS is working with NY courts to help people struggling with substance use disorders to find alternatives to their incarceration.
- Episode 4 (Aired January 6, 2018)
- Learn how fentanyl is causing a high number of overdoes and where to get help.
- Episode 5 (Aired January 13, 2018)
- Get information about the medications that are helpful to people struggling with substance use disorders.
- Episode 6 (Aired January 20, 2018)
- Learn how a combined effort with families, schools, educators and the community can help prevent kids from using alcohol and drugs.
- Episode 7 (Aired January 27, 2018)
- Being pregnant should never be a barrier for accessing treatment for alcohol and drug addiction. Learn about resources and the benefits of getting help for the mother and child.
- Episode 8 (Aired February 3, 2018)
- Learn about a center that offers recuperation with a holistic approach, whether through dance, acupuncture or yoga, to support recovery efforts.
- Episode 9 (Aired February 10, 2018)
- See how people in recovery are now peer advocates helping those suffering from substance use disorders.
- #CombatAddiction radio spot (English)
- #CombatAddiction radio spot (Spanish)
- #Over 900 Treatment and Support Programs across NYS (English)
- #Over 900 Treatment and Support Programs across NYS (Spanish)
- Beware of False Promises (English)
- Beware of False Promises (Spanish)
To order copies of select materials, complete this order form.
The information and tools on the websites can help you and your community better understand heroin and opioid abuse and misuse.
- Information for First Responders
- Heroin and Opioid Overdose Prevention Training
- Opioid Overdose Prevention Programs
- Opioid Overdose Prevention Information
- National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- NIDA for Teens
- NYS Department of Financial Services (DFS)
- NYS Department of Health (DOH)
- NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
- Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)